Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sketches of the week

This is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. While I was sketching I noticed none of the buildings are straight. They are all slightly crooked. Interesting right? I wouldn't noticed it if I wasn't drawing.
Because everything is crooked makes them a little hard to draw. Perspective kind of work here but the those buildings can confuse you. 


before toning

 Because nothing is straight the drawing looks like they are off perspective. or maybe they are?



before toning
I use shapes more than lines (personal preference) but sometime with complex patterns or decorations lines will be a better way to show those detail.

Here some process photos:






Final



final

This is the rough placement of where the trees and plants will be


final
With organic subjects I find using shapes easier


this one didn't turn out so well but next drawing!





I haven't done color in a while. It's about time to go back to full palette.

1 comment: